There is nothing quite like the feeling of when you have had your hair teased and coiffed in a salon, but unless you are a professional lady of leisure, that’s sadly not an everyday option! The way to get around this is get your blow dry to last as long as possible.
Follow celebrity hair stylist Lee Stafford’s step by step guide to achieving this luxuriously glamorous blowout look:
- Use a volumising shampoo and conditioner such as My Big Fat Healthy Hair Shampoo and Conditioner ($9.99). Rough dry your hair with a towel and give a quick blast of heat using my BLow DRy FASTER AC HAiR Dryer.
- Apply a handful of volumising mousse to the roots of your hair. (Try Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse, $15-$26)
- Section your hair into manageable sections. By sectioning around the crown of the head you will be able to add big volume to the hair.
- My BLow DRy FASTER AC SALon DRyer has an ultra slim concentrator which is perfect for controlling the airflow, perfect for creating the style you want
- Blow dry your damp hair using the medium heat and high speed setting. The hotter the setting, the more lift you will attain from your hair.
- Blow dry hair section by section, starting at the back of the head and work around.
- Don’t use too much heat as you can dry out or damage your hair. Be sure to vary the heat and wave the dryer so that you don’t concentrate the air flow on one section of hair for too long.
- As you blow dry your hair use a round or metal vent brush to lift and separate sections of hair as this will help to create a perfect, long lasting blow dry finish.
- Aim the hair dryer airflow down the hair shaft, from the roots to the ends of the hair curling the brush round as you go in order to get the glamorous flick at the ends and it will also help add lift. Drying down the hair shaft will smooth the cuticles so your hair will be left smooth and shiny.
- Use my sock diffuser that comes with the dryer to add volume without the frizz into your hair. A little trick to remember when blow drying your hair is not to touch your hair with your hand. Let the hair dryer and diffuser do all the work.
- Blow dry your hair until it is completely dry and use the freeze shot after drying to set the style.
- Finish with a spray of hairspray (Try Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray, $25)